The Summer Lovin' research piece is back in 2016!
We spoke to 206 New Zealanders from our community panel, The Outsiders, to discover just what summer means to them. The results were clear: brands need to be outside to be seen over summer.
Among the results, we found that:
- New Zealanders love Summer more than any other season, with 60% of respondents identifying it as their favourite.
- This is mainly due to the fact that the weather is typically better, you can spend more time outside, it is lighter for longer and there are more activities to do outside.
- As a result we are more Active (85% of respondents), Energetic (81% of respondents) and Alert (53% of respondents)
- 95% of those surveyed agreed that they spend more time outside in summer
- While we're spending more time outside, we are watching less TV. Nearly half of the respondents say they watch less TV over the summer months.
- 59% of respondents spend the same amount of time commuting over summer, with 34% spending more time commuting
In summary, New Zealanders are spending more time outside, commuting more and are more alert and receptive over summer.
For more details on the Summer Lovin' study, contact your APN Outdoor representative.